Find the Right Red Deer Motorcycle Insurance
When it comes to protecting your motorcycle, you want the best for you and your bike. The top two concerns you probably have with Red Deer motorcycle insurance is what’s covered and the price. One of Procom’s knowledgeable Red Deer motorcycle insurance brokers can help you navigate your insurance options so that you get the coverage you need. They’ll also help you find the best price for your Red Deer motorcycle insurance. We work with a number of different motorcycle insurance companies in order to provide you competition and choice when it comes to your insurance. Contact us today to get a free motorcycle insurance quote and let one of our brokers help ensure you’re protected on the road.
We provide protection for the following types of motorcycles:
- Street Bikes
- Sport Bikes
- Touring Bikes
- Utility Bikes
- Off-Road Bikes
Protecting Yourself with Red Deer Motorcycle Insurance
So what exactly does motorcycle insurance cover? That depends on your individual Red Deer motorcycle insurance company as well as your coverage options. Here are the three main areas of protection:
- Third Party Liability – the minimum required coverage in Alberta; this covers injury and property damage to third parties. Your own injuries are also covered but your bike wouldn’t be protected at all.
- Collision – this covers the repair or replacement of your motorcycle in the event of a collision.
- Comprehensive – this covers the repair or replacement of your motorcycle in the event of damage by another peril other than a collision. This could include damage caused by a storm, vandalism, or fire.
Keep in mind that “replacement” may either mean the actual cost value of your motorcycle (purchase price minus depreciation) or the replacement cost (what it would cost to get the same bike or one of similar kind and quality today). You may choose which type of replacement option you want when you purchase your policy, however, replacement cost isn’t available for all motorcycles.
You also get a few perks and optional coverage with your motorcycle insurance, including:
- Vacation Expense – covers costs incurred if your motorcycle suffers an incidence of insured damage. You would receive funds to help cover additional accommodation, food and transportation costs while your bike is repaired (or to help get you home), up to your policy limit. This coverage varies by insurer, so it’s important to talk to your Procom insurance broker for details.
- Rental Coverage – extends your insurance coverage to rental motorcycles; you don’t need to purchase the rental company’s insurance with this add-on.
- Roadside Assistance – specialized roadside assistance for motorcycles.
- Loss of Use – get a rental if your motorcycle is in the shop due to a covered claim.
- Personal Effects – coverage for your belongings in the event of an accident including your gear and any possessions on your bike.
Different insurers offer different coverages. Procom’s Red Deer motorcycle insurance brokers help find you the protection that works for you, based on your budget, motorcycle, and riding style. We work with many different Red Deer motorcycle insurance companies to give you options and a competitive quote. We do the shopping around and research for you!
How Red Deer Motorcycle Insurance Premiums are Determined
Insurance can be complicated, but our motorcycle insurance brokers are here to make it easier. Understanding what impacts the price of your Red Deer motorcycle insurance quote is important. There are a number of factors that affect insurance rates and they may vary by insurance company. Here are some of the most important and common factors for motorcycle insurance in Red Deer:
- Your insurance and claims history
- Your driving record
- The make, model and year of your bike
- The value of your motorcycle
- Where you ride
- What you use your motorcycle for
- Your location
- Your coverage options including your deductible
Your deductible is the amount you pay after an insured claim – your motorcycle insurance company will take care of the rest. The higher the deductible, the more you’ll pay up front in the event of an insured claim but the lower your motorcycle insurance premiums will be.
These factors all impact your risk level and therefore, the amount you pay. For example, if you have a lot of speeding tickets on your driving record, you’re considered to be a riskier driver and your insurance rates will be higher than if you have no tickets at all.
Getting Lower Rates for Red Deer Motorcycle Insurance
There are a few ways to lower your Red Deer motorcycle insurance rates:
- Follow the rules of the road and avoid getting tickets. Your tickets will usually disappear after 3 years on your record (this will depend on the insurance company and severity of the ticket).
- Enroll in a motorcycle training program. These can remove demerits from your driving record and get you a discount on your insurance. This is especially important for new riders, as they have less experience on the road.
- Install safety features on your bike. Some safety features can get you a discount from certain insurers.
- Install security features on your bike. Anti-theft devices like alarms can make you eligible for discounts.
- Bundle your insurance. If you have home or car insurance with a certain insurer, you should consider placing your motorcycle insurance with them as it can give you a discount. It’s important to ensure that the coverage they offer is still what you need – your protection should outweigh any small short term financial benefit.
- Consider your bike purchase carefully. If you haven’t yet bought your motorcycle or are looking for a new one, consider the cost of insuring a particular bike. Certain types of bikes will be more expensive to insure, such as a modified bike, a rare bike, or a high-powered sports bike.
- Talk to Procom’s Red Deer motorcycle insurance brokers for more tips on motorcycle insurance.
5 Safety Tips for Motorcyclists
Insurance should always be your last line of defense. No one wants to be involved in an accident. While many factors are out of your control, practicing safe riding is important for all motorcyclists. You’ll also save money on your motorcycle insurance in Red Deer by maintaining a clean driving record. Here are five tips to keep you safe on the road:
- Gear Up. Wear the proper gear at all times – no skimping on jeans or leather because it’s hot. Always wear a good helmet and eye-wear. Reflective gear also helps drivers see you easier.
- Ride Sober and Awake. Did you know that fatigue can impact your decision-making and driving skills just as much as alcohol? Drive sober and well-rested.
- Install anti-lock brakes. If your motorcycle isn’t equipped with anti-lock brakes, it’s a good idea to have them installed.
- Maintain proper positioning on the road. You’re hard to see as a bike, so make sure you’re in the right position to help increase your chances of being seen.
- Anticipate the actions of other drivers. Drivers will often indicate where they’re going with their head, even if they don’t use a signal light like they should.
- Avoid sitting in the blind spot. Pass or give the car next to you space to ensure you’re not in their blind spot.
- Be cautious on ramps. Some drivers make last-minute decisions to take an off ramp or are too busy looking behind them to notice what’s in front.
- Remember your braking distance is shorter than other vehicles. If a car is following you too closely, leave extra space so you and the car behind you have room to stop.
- Don’t ride in adverse conditions. Gravel and wet conditions make an accident more likely – and rain can reduce visibility further.
Contact Procom’s Red Deer Motorcycle Insurance Brokers for a Quote Today!
We can help get you a competitive Red Deer Motorcycle insurance quote quickly and easily. Our experts help find you the coverage you need at an affordable price. We do the research and price shopping for you, plus we can help you understand your insurance.
Procom’s insurance brokers are available to help you figure out how to navigate your insurance policy. Contact us to get started on your free Red Deer motorcycle insurance quote.